Sunday, April 30, 2006

Software cathartic

Why do we feel the need to use windows in our computer systems? Why does it seem that having a computer means having a windows installed as your OS. I have been asking myself more and more that question and I think their days on my system are starting to be numbered. What do I really use that can only be done in a windows only environment? Office style applications? PDF files? Internet? Easier to use/install? Faster??????? Open office is a de facto clone of microsoft office. Besides there being other application which I have considered to be better such as wordperfect. Internet doesn't even need comments, I already don't use internet explorer as my browser, except in the cases where sites have been made to work only with it... Many free linux distributions are very easy to use/install nowadays, and it definitely isn't the fastest. How about Zeta from yellow tab? It boasts a 2 second boot up! The ultimate answer in my case comes down to software made only for windows, mainly, computer games. So I´m just keeping windows in the sake of games?!?

More reading. Try also this. Microsoft even had a site that stated, so called linux myths.... Click this!

No comments: