Friday, October 20, 2006

Random Country

I´m gonna choose some random country to compare that probably has a lousy health system... uhm... how about Brazil


I don´t know what kind of information Matthew Holt has on Brazil´s health system, but it is definitely untrue. Despite disparities between the states with the state of São Paulo where I live offering perhaps the best public health system in the country, there are some positive points overall. For example we offer all AIDS patients antiretroviral drugs for free, (of course they are seen, admitted , and have CD4 checks performed as needed)!
I work at the public hospital in my city and we have practically the state of the art. When a patient becomes too costly for the private hospitals they will usually send them to us. I think Matthew Holt should use another random example other than Brazil if he doesn´t really know the facts. Or even better, not use any random example at all.
http://www.hcrp.fmrp.usp.br/gxpsites/hgxpp001

No comments: